Chant Leader · Singer-Songwriter · Shakuhachi Flute Player
Module: Heart Songs
Kevin James will present an inspiring and vital 2-day Workshop Module during the Healing Voice Training, sharing his knowledge and experience gained through many years of travelling the world and holding Sacred Sound Space with his voice, guitar and the beautiful Japanese Shakuhachi flute.
His contribution to the training will bring important and powerful tools to enhance the essence of being a Vocal Sound Therapist. He is acclaimed in many countries for his music and work with Bhakti, Kirtan, Bhajans and Rainbow songs.
Kevin’s module will include:
- An introduction to chanting (Bhakti, Kirtan, Bhajans, Rainbow songs) and what is a chanting circle.
- What are the benefits and how is it healing in its effects.
- Some brief words on how my chanting circles developed, the intention, and evolution.
- Of yourself ~ Lifestyle ~ Sleep, diet. Energy levels, emotional state, your consciousness, confidence, your thoughts: (your thoughts before singing and in general about you and your music), and self-inquiry work.
- Your practices ~ training of your Voice
- Active Aum Meditation practice
Preparation of the mantra healing circle:
- Choosing the right space
- Creating the space for a ceremonial participatory experience
- Sound acoustics
- Sound equipment
- Additional content: Mike technique, Speaker placement, Sound check
CREATING A CHANTING EVENT FOR GROUPS:
- Holding space in a chanting circle, supporting group connection.
- How to introduce yourself and your work authentically and build trust.
- Bringing the group together
- About the 3 Aums
How to start:
- Song and mantra selection
- Making your session a whole journey
What are the dynamics of a mantra healing session:
- The flow of a song
- The flow of the circle
- Closing the circle.
- Songwriting and composition
Kevin James is a devotional singer, Shakuhachi flute player, and chant leader from Australia. He travels the world in the spirit of Oneness, with his wife Susana, going where the invitation and heart lead, sharing ancient mantras and chants from various traditions with his own prayers and Heartsongs.
“My intention to assist the movement toward the connection to the heart as a way to find peace & harmony in our lives and the world.” – Kevin.
The Songs and mantras of Kevin James are an invitation to co-create a deep connection to the heart and a positive healing vibration for oneself and the world.
Weaving ancient Mantras with his own Heart Songs. They are a gift to the many hearts remembering the ONE, an expression of the movement of realization that is spreading across the planet right now.
Kevin’s music is a world fusion of devotional chanting, drawing upon influences from traditional Indian Kirtan, Rainbow Bhajans, Celtic and Sufi chants mixed with western folk sounds and world instruments.
This is a movement that honours the ancient cultures and religions of the world, embracing their commonality… their Oneness.
Each Heartsong is a modern devotional Hymn, a song of clear intent and purpose: to expand awareness beyond the thinking mind, to enter the bliss of the heart.
Website & music:
Facebook: Kevin James Music