Overtone Singing Online Course via ZOOM May-June 2021
A 6hr Online Overtone Course SEE DETAILS AND CONTENT BELOW
Dates: Thursdays 20 & 27 May and 3rd of June 2021
MORNING SESSION 09.30 am to 11.30 am (Madrid)
(AFTERNOON in the Eastern Hemisphere – 09.30 Spanish Time = 17.30, Sydney Time, 15.30 Ubud time)
EVENING SESSION: 19.30 – 21.30 (Madrid-Paris)
Overtone Singing: The Essence of Harmony
LEARN TO SING TWO SOUNDS AT THE SAME TIME for Relaxation, Meditation, Self-Healing and the creation of therapeutic music.
Have you ever felt there is something missing when you listen to music? Are you vibrating in harmony with your Universe? Enter the world of the Voices of the Voice and the Sounds within the Sound!
This experiential workshop by one of Europe’s foremost overtone singers and teachers will resolve these questions. An overview of the theory of overtone singing, its uses as a healing tool, as well as the basic and advanced techniques will be covered. Discover and understand the link between sound and structure and begin to harmonise with the Natural Scale. Nestor’s clarity, humour and easy style guarantee an entertaining and highly practical experience.
Everyone will gain useful sonic tools to practise at home and will receive the ability to sing up and down the Overtone Scale. Nestor will include many demonstrations of Overtone Singing during the Course. All the practical exercises will be demonstrated by Nestor so that you can sing along with him and then practise on your own.
Nestor will record the sessions and make the recordings available to all who sign up.
- What are overtones (harmonics)?
- The History and origins of Overtone singing, also known as Vocal harmonics. Harmonic Theory: from Pythagoras to the present
- The TWO main techniques of Overtone singing: The Single and Two Cavity Techniques
- Harmonic Intervals and their relationship to Natural proportions.
- How overtones help us to resonate in harmony with Nature
- The application of vocal harmonics to restore harmony in oneself and others.
- Plenty of practice!